Wednesday, March 31, 2010

THE GAME

Sorry I haven't been posting, but I've had a lot going on in my life and haven't had time to post a lot lately. Well, my long break is over!!!!

Today I would like to tell you about an almost whimsical mind game that I came across while looking through Wikipedia. It's called, appropriately, "The Game". The object is to not think of "The Game" for as long as possible. Therefore, if you were already playing, you would have just lost. There is only one other rule to the game: if you have lost, you have to tell someone that you did. It doesn't have to be another player, it could be anyone. You also have a minute of free time once you lose, to avoid perpetual loss. It was created to show that it really is impossible to voluntarily forget about something. THere are actually strategies, like writing "The Game" on dollar bills or putting it on a shirt. For example, a team in a competition I recently had was called this: emaGe hTt soLI. If you read this backwards, it says "I lost the Game" Looks like you just did! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment